Today has been an interesting day. I will have to go back to Saturday for all of today to make sense. Actually, Friday. Toni and I made a deal that his weekend we would allow our selves to play one day and then we would work the other. So on Saturday, we worked a little and played a little. In the middle of the day, our AC just stopped working. I mean, no numbers on the digital thermostat... nothing. Luckily it was later in the evening, so it was at least somewhat comfortable. (PTL for our last couple weeks of cool weather. When the high is only 80 something) I slept on the couch with the fans on high and all the windows open. All was well and good. In fact, I even had to cover up once because I got a little chilly.
After church on Sunday, we decided to go to Norman. We needed to go to Sam's and we always love to go to Borders. Since our house was going to be HOT, we decided to stay all day. AFter lunch with a friend, we ran our errands and Toni graded while I read a book for work. (another day of work, right?) Nope, doesn't count. Our work was to be done in the house. We still have a few unpacked boxes from when we moved in a year ago.
So about today.... we woke up this morning knowing that we had made ourselves a deal. We couldn't go back or we would never get these boxes cleaned up and things over to storage. Who wants to work in your house when it is blazing hot? Not me, but we did it. WE worked all day and were sweating like pigs. We took breaks about every hour and a half. During our break, we would drink as much cold fluid as possible and watch Criminal Minds (one of our new favorite shows) Needless to say we got our workout. When it got unbearably hot, we decided to load up the truck and head to storage. This meant up and down all 18 stairs multiple times to load the truck with boxes. Yep, you got it... SWEATING.
Now why all this is significant.... I didn't run today because I thought the up and down the stairs thing was enough for my knees today. However, I did walk a little over 3 miles with my good friend Debbie. There is just something about a good brisk walk with good conversation that is good for the soul. (especially when it is cooler outside than it is in your house)
So, as for running... tomorrow will be the first official day of the training ... though I have already technically completed a week's worth. Today was a cross-training day we will say.
Ironically, the AC just miraculously clicked on..and so did my clock in my bedroom. CREEPY.
Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't always comment, but I do read what you write. I admire you goals; I guess I could make an audio recording of the biggest loser and have the trainers yell at you. That might be a fun activity.
Post a Comment