Sunday, November 30, 2008

What if...

-there weren't a day set aside specifically to be thankful? Would we be thankful without having Thanksgiving? Perhaps we would, but maybe we should tell people we are thankful for them on days other than Thanksgiving.

-we didn't have family and friends to walk beside us in this world? How sad would that be?

Going home for Thanksgiving is always a blessing. Unfortunately, it took me several years of being away from home before I realized that seeing old friends in my home town should not be a priority. While I enjoy seeing those people, when I am away visiting with them, I miss out on my family. I don't go see people much any more. I stay with my family the whole time I am home.
Holidays at my house are always like a circus because we have so many people at our house. I love it though! This year, we ALL made a very long trip to Wal-Mart. I usually hate going to Wal-Mart on the day after Thanksgiving, but we really had a good time this year. What is better than good deals, family time, and finishing Christmas shopping for the kids? We went quite a bit later and completely avoided the rush. We only stood in line to check out for about 10 minutes.
I laughed more in the few days I was home than I have in a long time. Family and friends are such a blessing and we should not ever take them for granted.

I must get back to writing my paper and working on my presentation. Tomorrow is my first day of work and I am super excited. However, must get to bed early so I need to finish my work for school.

No comments: