Here we are sitting in McDonald's in Shawnee using the free Wi-Fi. We are a little behind on the internet access. Seems kind of perfect for two girls about to go on a pilgrimage with very little baggage. Right?
We are finalizing plans and figuring out how many metro passses we need for our three days in Paris. (Thanks to Mary, the Paris expert, we are able to get all of our questions answered quickly.) Tomorrow we are buying the official last bit of gear. I can't believe this is really about to happen!! We have been talking about it for a couple of years and we are less than a week from getting on the plane!!
Toni is doing most (who am I kidding?) - all of the planning. After all, she has been to Paris more times than years I have been alive. JK ;) Only half as many as my age. She loves the planning part. I have just been saying, "Sure, that sounds great!"
Paris should be a good final gear up for the walk. She has three COMPLETELY full days of walking ALL over Paris.
We are hoping to be able to post on here often, but are unsure how often we will have internet access. We are thinking every couple of days at least.
We hope you enjoy our blog! Follow along as we embark on the journey of a lifetime.
Enjoy the journey!!!
Mel and Toni
Here are a couple of websites that you can take a peek at to give you an idea of where we will be and what we will be up to.
www.caminosantiago.com - this one is good if you have questions or worries (Mom, Deb, MoMo) about what we are doing. You can click on Pilgrim Forum and read others' accounts of their experiences.
www.santiago-compostela.com - this site shows day by day pictures. Make sure to click on Camino Frances. This will be good to follow us along, if you are interested. If you read ahead, please don't reveal the ending. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so excited for both of you! I hope you can fit in everything you want to do and see all the sights you have planned to. I am jealous (but not about all the walking). I am praying for you and have asked my friends to pray for you also. I will be keeping up with you daily here and on the websites. Have a GREAT time!!!!
Remember I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to hear all about it and see all the pics. I love you both so much and will be praying for you!
i don't think i understood the magnitude of this little trip of yours. i should have paid more attention, huh? have a great time and please be careful. it will be fun reading about all your adventures.
sherri
I have been praying for you both. You are doing such a great thing. I went to Paris in 1985 on my 37th birthday, it was great. It has been hot here too. I have heard the birds and the water flowing, it is great. Can't wait for the rest of the trip. My prayers are with you both.
Yo, Yo, Peeps, I miss y'all! My main concern is that you guys will be way skinny when school starts, and I won't. HaHa! Really, my prayer is that you find rest and healing for your mind and body, especially your feet.
The beach was good, restful. Went on a dolphin cruise - saw a few. I read East of Eden - Wow!
I even read some in the car without barfing. Got a little bit of a tan that will probably be gone by the time you're back.
I've been taking Andrew to percussion camp this week.
If I call you, will it cost you? Would you answer that question in the blog?
Can't wait to talk to you. Be safe and well. I love y'all.
Gina
Toni and Mel,
Daniel just showed us your sight. Hope you are both having a wonderful time. This is an experience of a lifetime. Enjoy every minute of it. You will make memories for a lifetime. Stay safe and healthy. We will be praying for you and following you every step of the way.
Post a Comment