Thursday, July 10, 2008

So close...

You guys have no idea how much your comments help us continue on our journey. We are 6 or 7 days from Santiago depending on fatigue. We had to take a bus yesterday because Toni´s ankle was sore and she wanted to rest before it got too bad. We have been climbing up and down and up and down mountains. Going downhill is very difficult. Two days ago we were at the highest point of our journey... almost 5000 feet.

We are in the middle of a class in a small town and they were kind enough to let us update. It could be a while before we find internet again.

We have spent the last few days passing the time by praying for each of you. We say a name and then spend time in prayer. It has made the time go by quickly.

It is hard to believe we are almost done. We are alomst in the double digits for miles left. Yea!!

Saw a man yesterday at the bus station that we had seen in Astorga. Thought he was a bum... bag, seemed drunk or high and then he was in the bus station in Ponferrada yesterday. More about him later, but we thought, what if he is Christ on the camino? Just a thought about the way we treat and judge others by their appearance.

Must hurry so as to get out of this class. Will spend longer when we can.

Mel and Toni

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girls!! You really are on the downhill side of your journey. Toni, I will be praying that God will heal that ankle and that you can continue on without pain. Melissa, you said nothing about your blisters, so I am hoping they are much better. Can't wait to talk to you more about the interesting things that you have encountered these past several days. Wow what GREAT MEMORIES you are making!!!
Love you both
MOM

Humphrey said...

Thank you for praying for us. You're both growing in ways that the rest of us can just read about. Toni, I hope your ankle is better after the rest. We have had a couple of rainy cloudy days which is always a blessing in July. I painted my classroom wall last and got a start on putting things back in the cabinets and shelves. My classes are going well; we have a midterm on Monday--can't believe it is already half way through July. It is only 11 days until you will be back on Oklahoma soil. Keep the faith; stay strong; I continue to pray for you several times each day. Love to you both.

Anonymous said...

The end is in sight. You will have so many life lessons when this journey is completed. Continue to take care of yourselves. Your health is the most important thing. Praying for you both.

Mary said...

Man, I couldn't wait to get back from Colorado to get your updates! We had a great trip! Emma was sooo good. I'm glad that we decided to go. It rained a little every day but was beautiful most of the time. Tim's parents came up one day after we got there. We really enjoyed getting to spend some time with them. Emma can clap her hands and wave bye-bye now. She just turned 8 months.

It seems like you have been gone forever! I'm really missing you both and praying for you. I appreciate your prayers as well!

Love you!

Unknown said...

It's great to hear from you again - I can't believe you are so near the end of your trip! You inspired me to do my big challenge - I hiked the trail to Hanging Lake with 4 children, ages 2-9. This was a lot of fun but very challenging too, and I kept thinking what a microcosm it was of what you are doing!!! The funniest thing was that the 2-year-old kept wandering off the path, looking for the most difficult way up the trail, and I kept having to pick him up and set him on the right path. It made me laugh and think of how patiently our Heavenly Father has to do that for us when we work so hard to find the most difficult way! Thank you for inspiring me to be more contemplative about these things, I'm praying for you both!!!

Love, Christy